Tuesday, January 19, 2010

good news

so, i have been accepted into my first preference for Uni - Deakin Burwood :)
I'm so excited!
i can't wait to learn all about psychology and be on my way to help people just like me!
Clinical Psychologist. Sounds sooooo good right now.

I've been at Reach camp for a couple of days (visit The Reach Website) and I've been so inspired.
I shared my story about last year, and realised I never really voiced my pride about it.
Hell with it, I got an AMAZING score!
And i battled depression, anxiety, began and OVERCAME bulimia and binge eating, defended myself against starving during exams and lost my grandma over in Egypt.

Everybody, I am PROUD!

4 comments:

Eleanor said...

You SHOULD be proud, girl! You have every right to be proud!
You've done some amazing things - you've battled out a Disorder, you've slowly started to discover who you are again, and to top it all off, you're set on helping those who have suffered similar things to you!

You're amazing, sweetie.
Keep the positivity up, and keep strong. I'm here always, if ever you need support. Someone will always be looking out for you - you'll always have support and encouragement, whenever you need it.

You can do this!

LOVE,
Eleanor. xo

Aorexia mummy said...

Well done Katie!! :-) I bet your parents are proud too. I am sure you will make a difference in the world.

Lou Lou said...

that is so amazing. i haven't commented on your blog before, im struggling with an ED, i am in recovery though. yes! i have hope and reading this post gave me hope. thank you!
congratulations on uni. that is really amazing! so many people will benefit from your experience, and you will be able to feel amazing helping people for your career.
fantastic

Lost in Obsession said...

This is truly amazing. I am thinking of going into that field myself.

I would love to pick your brain on a few questions I have if you have an email address youd share and are willing with your time. There are some answers I can't find anywhere online.

Thanks for your comment on my blog :)