Tuesday, January 12, 2010

mediocrity

i've always had a problem with fitting in.
i was always different, but for the wrong reasons.
i was never noticed.
so i decided to be different in a different way.

i didn't want to be mediocre, normal, blending in.
i hated being overlooked.
i was just your average teen with an average body weight.
i wasn't happy being average.

and you know what? at my lowest weight, i was never underweight, just on the brink.
i wanted so badly to be underweight, because then i would have been different from all my friends.
people still noticed me when i was skinny though.
it pleased me when people would comment on it.
i was finally being noticed for something.
guys were interested in me.
i had so much fun being skinny.
it was definitely the best year of my life.

and now i'm back to mediocre.

the difference is now i'm stronger.
i'm fighting this.

6 comments:

Mina Belle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mina Belle said...

that's how i feel half the time....

Insane Jayne said...

Like the way you write ;)
hang in there... x

Kate said...

Sorry I feel dumb but I can't see where to follow your blog. I really want to.

Kate said...

Haha nevermind - i got it :D

Lou Lou said...

i like the way you write too, and i can so relate to this post. i am on a path to recovery, and i think saying goodbye to the dream of always getting, being or staying skinny is a hard part, its time to learn to love me the way i am.
loubi