Sunday, November 22, 2009

cosmopolitan

out of sheer boredom, i bought a cosmo magazine today.
sitting on my ass is not as fun as you may think.

and i was pleasantly surprised.

within the 50 page body love issue,
within the "so you've lost weight, now what?" articles,
within the stick thin model ads,
i found something reminiscent of Lizzie Miller.
i found cellulite, and i found rolls of fat,
and it was beautiful!

i've been leaning more towards body love lately.
i bought myself a new pair of bikinis.
they're red and polka dotty :)
anddd.... i wore them without board shorts.
i haven't worn bathers without boardies since i was a wee kiddo.
this was my biggest accomplishment this year.

and the boy loved my body in them :)

i've had thoughts of bingeing and starvation, i'm leaning more towards starvation.
will i truly look better?
my hope is fading, because my mum doesn't want to get me liposuction on my stomach anymore.
i am afraid i'll have to live with this for ever.

2 comments:

lisalisa said...

i'm glad you are starting to work an loving your body. For some, this is a lifelong process. Best to start when you are young.
Hope your throat is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I've always been a fan of plus-size models like Lizzie Miller, especially when photographers show off their curves. There's a great site with many images of plus-size models here:

http://www.judgmentofparis.com/

They're all gorgeous.

The site's forum also has thought-provoking discussions about body image and the media.