Wednesday, November 11, 2009

fat people

don't be hatin' when you read the title.
this isn't a fat-bashing blog.

come to think of it, why does fat have such negative meanings attached to it?
everyone has fat.
fat keeps us alive. we need it.

it seems i'm continually inspired, and today i was inspired by a lovely lady called Lizzie, who writes the blog, "Diary of a Fat Teenager".
at first i was intrigued. now i am amazed.
this girl has such a healthy attitude towards her body, and she weighs around 100 pounds more than I do!

what i've realised is, it's not your size that makes you confident.
it's your attitude to it.
it's not being fat that makes people unhappy. it's the thought process.
like i learnt in CBT.

i used to think that i'd rather be skinny and unhappy, than be fat and happy.
but hell, i think i'd rather be fat and happy!
if i didn't view the fat as a bad thing, and i had as much confidence as Lizzie, man, i could rock that fat.
but i could never be like that.
i don't think that it's because i CHOOSE not to, i think that it's just the way i am.
i've tried to view my body as beautiful, and it just doesnt GOD DAMN WORK.
i'm pretty jealous of the gift Lizzie has for positivity and love for her body.

i guess people with eating disorders only ever talk about fat when they say "omg im so fat ew" or "that has soooooo much fat in it".
and it makes us look like fat-bashers.
but i don't think that's the case for the majority.
i don't hate fat people.
i have a couple of friends who are fat-bashers and do it openly on myspace.
and i think it's disgusting.
i have fat friends who i think are beautiful.
it just sucks i can't see my own self as beautiful.

that's my thoughts for the day.
oh btw, i totally aced my photography exam ;)
i reckon i coulda got full marks :D

ive got my legal exam in two and a half hours. wish me luck!
x

2 comments:

lisalisa said...

yeah, I have often thought i would not mind being heavy as long as I liked myself. I can't seem to like my body at any weight, even at my thinnest there is always more to lose.
I really admire people with body confidence. It is such a rare thing these days.

Jessica said...

i have to say i just found your blog and shall be reading or shall i say following you.